Eating for Beauty (Girl Scout Troop)
Good nutrition is great for the inside, your brain and energy, but is also good for the outside too, skin, hair, and nails.
1. Know how good nutrition helps your body stay healthy Your bodies are machines we need to fuel them right. Take time to look at habits, good and bad. What about yours?
a. Eat by color
b. Have a food-long challenge with friends
c. Make your won food pyramid
2. Find out how, what you eat affects your skin Learn about foods and their benefits or road blocks to good health and skin.
a. Get enough water
b. Make a "Top 10" list of antioxidant-rich foods
c. Do a grocery-store scavenger hunt.
3. Explore how your diet affects your stress level Look at the foods you eat and why you eat them; sad, stressed, what you eat can affect your moods.
a. Food Makeovers
b. Sugar detectives
c. Chemical detective.
4. Investigate how what you eat affects your sleep A lack of sleep affects you concentration and ability to get things done. How is what you eat affecting how you sleep.
a. Make an illustrated chart of snooze/lose foods
b. Take the two-week test
c. REM it up
5. Look at how your diet affects your energy Energy comes from all foods. Keeping a balance of good food is important.
a. Take a poll of friends and family
b. Do an exercise/energy experiment
c. Create a cart or blog post